If you need further clarification on the instructions, please email@example.com call the Kiddie Soccer office973-543-1197
- Belleville – Parque Belleville
- Chester – Parque Chubb
- Essex Fells – Parque Grover Cleveland
- Franklin Lakes – Elite-Trainingsakademie
- Kinnelon - Kinnelon Recreation Park
- Livingston - Hillside Elementary School
- Centro Comunitario Livingston - Monmouth Court
- Long Valley - Zion Lutheran Church
- Mendham – Wysong Park
- Montclair – Parque Brookdale
- Morris Twp. – Loantaka Park
- Oakland - Oakland Recreational Complex
- Paramus – Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex
- Paramus - Parkway Elementary School
Belleville – Parque Belleville
The park is located on Belleville Avenue between South Franklin Avenue and Union Avenue. There is a parking lot on Belleville Ave. The parking lot is small. If parking is not available in this lot, you will need to park on a nearby street. There is a children's playground in the middle of the park. Just below the playground is a large open lawn. This is where the meeting takes place.
Chester – Parque Chubb
The park is on the west side of Route 24. The park is half a mile west of the intersection with Route 206. Upon entering the park, follow the gravel road to its end. You will come to a parking lot. Next to the parking lot is a small soccer field with a children's playground right behind it. Training takes place on this soccer field.
Essex Fells – Parque Grover Cleveland
The field area is located in the section of the park along Brookside Avenue (near the intersection with Cleveland Road). Parking is allowed on the "park side" of Brookside Avenue.
Franklin Lakes – Elite-Trainingsakademie
The address of this facility is 1 Tice Road. Please note that Tice Road is a short street that is easy to miss at Pulis Avenue. They are the first building on the left after turning onto Tice Road. The entrance to the facility is located next to the first sectional door.
Kinnelon - Kinnelon Recreation Park
Livingston - Hillside Elementary School
The school is located at 98 Belmont Drive. The school has parking lots and parking is also allowed on Hillside Avenue. We use the upper fields along Hillside Avenue.
Centro Comunitario Livingston - Monmouth Court
The community center is at the end of Monmouth Court. Behind the community center there is a field area where we carry out the program. Note that the field is also behind a small shopping center that houses the Precious Cargo for Kids store.
Long Valley - Zion Lutheran Church
The address of the church is 11 Schooley's Mountain Road. There is a softball field behind the church. Our meetings take place outdoors.
Mendham – Wysong Park
The park is located in the Ralston neighborhood of Mendham parish. The park is about 2 miles west of the Black Horse Tavern. It is on the east side of Route 24. We teach outside on the baseball field (near the playground). This is the park next to and to the east of the Ralston Fire House. In the View Map link below, our location is called Ralston Field.
Montclair – Parque Brookdale
The park is bounded by Watchung Avenue, Grove Street, and Bellevue Avenue. There are several entrances to the park. If you enter the park through one of the entrances, you will come to the one-way street that circles the park in a counter-clockwise direction. Inside this racetrack is a small football stadium with an artificial grass field. There is a tall flagpole next to the artificial turf pitch. There is a large lawn next to the flagpole. This is where we do the meetings. If the area is too wet or muddy, the coaches will conduct the sessions on artificial grass.
Morris Twp. – Loantaka Park
Enter Loantaka Park from Kitchell Road (which is off of Spring Valley Road). Once in Kitchell, you will see a driveway on the left. When you enter here, head towards the back of the parking lot. There is a softball field on the right. Our sessions take place in the outfield of the softball field.
Oakland - Oakland Recreational Complex
This field is located at the end of Valley Forge Road. Valley Forge Road is a residential street. At the end of the street, between houses 9 and 11, there is an entrance on the left. This entrance leads to the field.
Paramus – Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex
The Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex, also known simply as the "Sports Plex", is located on the Garden State Plaza Parkway. This street is a short slip road that connects Passaic Street and the Garden State Mall parking lot. The Sports Plex parking lot is essentially the part of the mall that is furthest from the mall. Both Waze and Google Maps list the complexes as the Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex.
Paramus - Parkway Elementary School
Parkway Elementary School's address is 145 East Ridgewood Avenue in Paramus. Park in the lot and follow the sidewalk to the field behind the school.
- Paramus – Reid Park
- Parsippany - Parque Old Troy
- Randolph – Parque Brundage
- Parque Randolph-Hedden
- Parque Randolph Heistein
- Randolph – Deportes Kozak
- Park Ridgefield - Park Overpeck
- Roxbury-Feld Lincoln/Roosevelt
- Short Hills – Alter Park de Short Hills
- Südorange – Meadowland Park / Flood Hill
- Wayne - Captain Kilroy Field
- Wayne – Athletics PS2
- Westwood-Brookside Park
- Whippany – Williams Sportcoaching
Paramus – Reid Park
Parsippany - Parque Old Troy
The park's address is 335 Reynolds Avenue. We will play children's soccer in the gardens of the baseball field. Note: Across the street from the park are the soccer fields of the Parsippany Soccer Club. We are NOT active in these areas. We are located across from Old Troy Park.
Randolph – Parque Brundage
The park is on Carrell Rd. Do not enter the park at Sussex Tpk. Enter the park through the entrance next to the tennis courts on Carrell Rd. Go to the back of the lot. You will see a grassy area next to the picnic area and skate park. This is where the meetings are held.
There are several pitches at Hedden Park. We hold the sessions in the fields at the end of Concord Road. Calle Concordia is a residential street. Just follow it to the end and you will reach the park. The box will be on the left.
Parque Randolph Heistein
The park is on South Road. which is on Dover/Chester Rd. The park can be reached from Doby Rd. or Südstr. Entering through any entrance, you will see a pavilion in the middle of the park. Park near the pavilion. Sessions are held on the outfield of the Little League Baseball field.
Randolph – Deportes Kozak
This indoor facility is located in the Aspen Business Park at 6 Middlebury Boulevard. The building is brown brick with a large clock and the white number 6 in the upper right corner on the front of the building.
Park Ridgefield - Park Overpeck
We hold the sessions in Palisades Park, part of Overpeck Park. For GPS/Google Map purposes, use 200 Roosevelt Place in Palisades Park. That's where you want to enter the park.
Located at the Lincoln/Roosevelt School - 34 Hillside Avenue, Succasunna, NJ. To get to the school grounds, take Hunt Road from North Hillside Avenue.
Short Hills – Alter Park de Short Hills
Südorange – Meadowland Park / Flood Hill
From South Orange Avenue, turn right onto Ridgewood Road North. Turn right on Mead Street. Turn left onto Meadowbrook Lane. Park on Meadowbrook Lane. This is the base of Floods Hill and this is where the sessions will take place.
Wayne - Captain Kilroy Field
This field is located at 6 Concord Place. Here is a baseball field. We use the outfield of this field. Note that very close to Wayne is also Kilroy Field at Osbourne Terrace. You don't want Kilroy Field at Osbourne Terrace, you want Captain Kilroy Field at 6 Concord Place.
Wayne – Athletics PS2
The park is located at the intersection of Lake Street and Brookside Avenue. Note that for GPS or Google Maps purposes, be sure to use this intersection as there are two Brookside avenues in Westwood.
Whippany – Williams Sportcoaching
This indoor facility is located at 9 Whippany Road, Building A1, Unit 5.
How do you teach a child football? ›
- Break it down into steps. Kids can sometimes feel overwhelmed when they try something new. ...
- Repetition, Repetition, Repetition. It was the famous English manager, Sir Bobby Robson who said that 'practice makes permanent'. ...
- Apply pressure. ...
- Practice without a ball.
Football is a very popular sport that is played at high schools, colleges, and professional stadiums. It involves running, passing, kicking, and body contact. A football game is played between two teams of 11 players each. A team scores points by moving a ball across the other team's goal line.What should kids learn first in football? ›
Manipulating the ball using all parts of the foot is one of the first skills that can be taught to children when they begin playing football, no matter their age. The next step can come through teaching them to do keep-ups.How do I teach my 7 year old football? ›
- Use hopscotch as a warm up technique for agility and coordination. Hopscotch is one of the best ways to work on much-needed agility, balance and coordination skills. ...
- Striking the ball into an empty goal. ...
- Defending in tight spaces.
Football features two teams playing against each other. Each team is allowed to have eleven men on the field at any given time. More than 11 players on the field results in a penalty. Unlimited substitution is permitted, but players can only enter the field when the ball is dead and play is stopped.What makes a good youth football coach? ›
Coaching youth football requires preparation, commitment, enthusiasm, integrity, and communication. Great football coaches are a positive influence on every single player that they coach.What is the golden rule in football? ›
If either team scores a goal during extra time, the game ends immediately and the scoring team becomes the winner. The winning goal is known as the "golden goal". If there have been no goals scored after both periods of extra time, a penalty shoot-out decides the game.What are 3 rules of football that are very important? ›
FIFA Laws of the Game can be accessed here
Teams will be told which way they are kicking at start of game. Teams cannot score directly from a kick off. There is no offside. All free kicks and corners are direct and opposition must be 3 metres away.
The NFL's simplified catch rules, which also apply to interceptions, require the player to do three things: Control the ball, get two feet or another body part down, and make a "football move," like a third step/reach reach for the line to gain; or the ability to perform such a move.How do I start teaching football? ›
- Develop your kicking as well as throwing skills. ...
- Stay focused on the game all the time even if the ball is away from your 18 yard box.
- Always keep your eye on the ball.
- Try and read the body language of your opponent.
- Get your feet, hands and eyes in sync.
- Enhance your communication with your teammates.
What age is best to start football? ›
Once your child has developed the skills to kick and control the ball with confidence irrespective of age they should be ready to take their football in to a more structured environment. This might usually be around the age of 5-7.How can I help my son understand football? ›
- It All Starts with Kicking. Kicking a ball comes naturally to most children. ...
- Invite Their Friends. ...
- Play for Fun. ...
- Show Them the Basics. ...
- Watch a Match Together. ...
- Take Them to Local Events. ...
- Visit Local Club Open Days. ...
- Introduce Them to Your Favourite Team.
The best youngsters will know exactly what they are going to do before they even receive the ball. Looking for the next pass, controlling the ball under pressure and decision-making are all vital components of a technically gifted player, and they are the first things most leading scouts will want to see.What are 3 skills youth sports coaches need to be successful? ›
- Patience. Every coach needs patience, but this is particularly true when you're dealing with young athletes. ...
- Knowledge. A good coach knows his sport inside and out. ...
- Motivation. This trait is vital, yet I constantly see youth coaches overlook it.
- Daddy Ball especially at QB or TB.
- Promising Players certain positions on Team when recruiting players.
- Too much stretching and conditioning during practices.
- Not matching Roster to Offense and Defense Schemes.
- Forgetting about Special Teams.
- Not Blocking and Tackling at each practice.
They use fear, humiliation and demeaning, disrespectful behaviors as “teaching” tools. They are emotionally and sometimes (indirectly) physically abusive. They directly and indirectly pressure athletes to continue to play when injured. They regularly kill the fun and passion that their athletes once had for the sport.What makes you stand out as a coach? ›
You can choose what you offer and to whom, how you market yourself, how you serve your clients, and so on. When you know exactly what problems you solve, what solutions you provide, and can effectively communicate your value to your target audience, you will stand out.What is the first rule of football? ›
1. The maximum length of the ground shall be 200 yards, the minimum breadth shall be 100 yards, the length and breadth shall be marked off with flags; and the goals hall be defined by two upright posts, 8 yards apart, without a tape or bar across them. 2. The winner of the toss shall have the choice of goals.What are the 4 fundamentals of football? ›
- Passing and receiving.
- Decision making.
- Touch and ball control.
- Skills and tricks.
- Running off the ball.
While reports on this vary depending on the sample size, the average NFL game reportedly takes 3 hours and 12 minutes to complete. In contrast, the average time for a college football game is 3 hours and 24 minutes.
What are 2 fun facts about football? ›
- Football Facts Infographics.
- American Football Evolved from Soccer and Rugby. ...
- The First Football Game Was Played in 1869 Between Rutgers and Princeton. ...
- Football Is the Most Popular Game in the United States. ...
- The NFL Governs Professional Play in the United States. ...
- The Super Bowl Is the Championship NFL Football Game.
1: Quarterback. There's no doubt what the most important position on the field is: quarterback. Only the quarterback touches the ball on every offensive snap, and only the quarterback is the triggerman for the passing game. No other player can do more to win—or lose—a professional football game.How many positions are in football? ›
As popular as it is, football can be a little overwhelming if you're new to the sport. There are 24 different football positions, with 22 players on the field at a time and around 50 players total on each NFL team (college teams are even larger).What is the 17 rule of football? ›
A corner kick is awarded when the whole of the ball passes over the goal line, on the ground or in the air, having last touched a player of the defending team, and a goal is not scored.What is the mercy rule in football? ›
If a team is trailing by 40 points or more, a running clock shall be used at the start of the 3rd and/or 4th Quarter (mandatory). The clock shall run except during time-outs, following scores, injuries, and change of possession. The clock will continue to run regardless of the score differential.What is the rule of 11 in football? ›
A player is in an offside position if: any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents' half (excluding the halfway line) and. any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.What is not allowed in football? ›
Facemask: To protect the football players, it is illegal to grab another player's facemask. Roughing the Passer or Kicker: To protect kickers and quarterbacks, who are very vulnerable when they are passing or kicking the ball, players are not allowed to run into them after the ball has been thrown or kicked.How many basic rules are there in football? ›
Did you know that there are 17 laws of the game? Can you name them all? We take a look at the basics and the laws you need to know to master every aspect of the game. The field of play, the players, the ball, the duration of the match, players' equipment, the referee and offside…What are the 4 steps to throwing a football? ›
- Grip. Your grip may not seem important, but it actually affects how the ball comes out of your hand, making it a critical aspect of the throw. ...
- Prep. The prep is all about your feet. ...
- Throw. ...
In England they call it “the five-second rule”: after losing the ball, the team has five seconds to retrieve the ball, or, if unsuccessful, tactially foul their opponent and fall back.
What is the 6 second rule in football? ›
The goalkeeper is allowed to hold or control the ball with their hands or arms, but they must release and play the ball within six seconds. This rule is loosely enforced, with goalkeepers often getting more time to play the ball without penalty.What is the correct age to learn football? ›
Once your child has developed the skills to kick and control the ball with confidence irrespective of age they should be ready to take their football in to a more structured environment. This might usually be around the age of 5-7.How do I introduce my son to football? ›
- Buy them a football. ...
- Encourage your child to watch football. ...
- Set up a goal in your back garden. ...
- Football Fundamentals. ...
- Sign them up to a weekly football session.
The Concussion Legacy Foundation states they "strongly recommend you delay enrolling your child in tackle football until the age of 14."Is 8 too late to start football? ›
Why It's Never Too Late for a Child to Start a New Sport. If your child simply wants to try a new sport, or play it for fun, it's never too late.What do you tell your son before a football game? ›
- 1: You choose the sport you want to play. ...
- 2: Tell me about practice/game. ...
- 3: Tell me about your dreams. ...
- 4: I enjoy watching you play. ...
- 5: I believe in you. ...
- 6: Iʼm proud of you. ...
- 7: You will come back. ...
- 8: Letʼs celebrate small victories.
Two teams of eleven players each compete to get the ball into the other team's goal (between the posts and under the bar), thereby scoring a goal. The team that has scored more goals at the end of the game is the winner; if both teams have scored an equal number of goals then the game is a draw.How do I build my son's confidence in football? ›
- Praise effort. ...
- Create incremental opportunities for success. ...
- Encourage Pride. ...
- Maintain reasonable expectations. ...
- Communicate. ...
- Teach kids to redirect negative thoughts.