Should You Use ZipRecruiter's Job Search? Everything you need to know is in this AHQ Zip Recruiter review
The job market has had many players over the years. Remember when Monster was the go-to place to look for jobs online? Then followed in 2004 Indeed and from 2010 the job search ZipRecruiter.
The Internet is becoming more and more important both for the search for employees and for the job search. According to PewResearch Center, 79% of US job seekers have used online resources to find work over the past two years.
Given multiple online job search options, how does ZipRecruiter stack up? Many people ask themselves, "Is Zip Recruiter legit?" and "Does ZipRecruiter work?"
Hiring managers looking to fill positions are most concerned about ZipRecruiter's corporate pricing, asking, "How effective is ZipRecruiter in finding the qualified candidates my business needs?"
In this ZipRecruiter review by AdvisoryHQ NewsHere's everything you need to know about ZipRecruiter's job search website. We also answer the question, "Is ZipRecruiter free for job seekers?" and we'll let you know if we find ZipRecruiter scams.
You will learn exactly how ZipRecruiter works, how much does ZipRecruiter cost and how to delete ZipRecruiter account after getting a job.
See also:The Best Resume Templates | professional resume template
What is ZipRecruiter? | about the company
First, let's take a look at the question, "What is ZipRecruiter, the newest player in the job search market?"
ZipRecruiter is an online job board where job seekers can upload resumes and apply for jobs, and employers can post jobs and hire qualified people to fill their open positions.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company helps connect job seekers and employers in the US and UK. In the first two years of its existence, ZipRecruiter Job Search has helped over 10,000 employers with their hiring needs.
After raising $63 million in funding, the company continued to grow and in our reviews from ZipRecruiter of its achievements we found the following highlights:
- They have helped more than 120 million job seekers and more than 1.5 million employers.
- More than 430 million applications have been submitted through ZipRecruiter.
- The ZipRecruiter app is the #1 job search app on Android and iOS with over 9 million downloads.
- ZipRecruiter job search has more than 64 million subscribers to their job alert emails.
- On average, more than 10,000 companies register every monthat your service.
This last statistic can help answer the questions, "Is ZipRecruiter legit?" and "Is ZipRecruiter good at finding many different jobs?" Because a job search is only as strong as the number of employers who post their jobs there and the number of people who are looking for them.
AdvisoryHQ ZipRecruiter Review | How does ZipRecruiter work?
We'll split this section between job seekers and employers because the answer to "How does ZipRecruiter work?" it will be slightly different for each group.
We'll cover ZipRecruiter pricing in another section soon. for thisWe'll walk you through the basics of how to start your job search on ZipRecruiter, whether you're posting a new job or searching for one.
Zip Recruiter Reviews | How it works for job seekers
- Start searching millions of jobs by entering a keyword and location.
- Candidates can send a survey link to the ZipRecruiter app on their phones.
- Click on the Apply option for more information about the position.
- If this is your first time doing this, you will be asked to enter your name, email address and phone number.
- When you apply for a job, you will be directed to an application that you need to fill out.
- You can also upload your CV and save it for later use via 1-click apply options.
- Employers will contact you if they are interested in an interview.
Can ZipRecruiter be used to set up automatic job notifications? You can set up to 20 job alerts on the site to receive notifications of new jobs that match your search criteria.
You can also check out his ZipRecruiter blog for feedback and advice on best practices for job hunting, resumes, and design.himself a great candidate.
Once you've found a good job and want to know how to delete a ZipRecruiter account, you can't cancel or delete it, but you can close it. You can do this in your account settings. Also, make sure to unsubscribe from all emails in the notification area.
If you're wondering, "Is ZipRecruiter free?" We'll get into that in a moment when we talk about the cost of ZipRecruiter.
Zip Recruiter Reviews | This is how it works for employers
- Employers can fill out a form or use a customizable job description template to post a new job.
- Enter your company information and sign up for the appropriate subscription.
- Employers can add pre-selection interview questions to filter out the most qualified candidates.
- Your work will be submitted to more than 100 online job boards.
- Receive a list of qualified candidates by replying to your job posting along with their resumes or applications.
- You can interact with the candidate.from your candidate panel.
- Close the job once the position is filled.
How effective is ZipRecruiter in finding qualified candidates? The company claims that approximately 80% of employers who post on ZipRecruiter's job search find a qualified candidate through the site on day one.
If you're wondering, “What is ZipRecruiter doing to help you connect with Millennials?” You'll be happy to know that they have social media postings on Facebook and Twitter to help you find a bigger reach pool of candidates.
If you no longer need the service and are wondering how to delete ZipRecruiter account before next ZipRecruiter charges, you have two options. You can cancel by phone or through your online account options.
Do not miss:
All in oneChange-Management-Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost?
Now, the answers to the questions, "Is ZipRecruiter free for job seekers?" and "How much does ZipRecruiter cost for job posting companies?"
Job seekers will be happy to know that the platform is completely free for them. So if you're waiting to find out, "Is ZipRecruiter free to find a job?" You can start publishing your CV; You will not be charged anything.
The site makes money by charging employers for job posting services. There are a few different company job posting subscription options on the site, but ZipRecruiter's cost for each one isn't easy to find there.
One of its pages shows three plans: Standard, Premium, and Pro. Another page shows plans named: Simples, Team4, and Enterprise. But none of these sites answer the question, "How much does ZipRecruiter cost?"
After checking various ZipRecruiter reviews on employer plan costs, we found the following ZipRecruiter pricing information:
- Starter: 3 active workspaces, $249 to $349/month
- Team: 10 active jobs, $375-$549/month
- Business: 20 active jobs, $576 to $799/month
Each option offers the premium version which offers 25 resume database downloads per month and additional user slots beyond 1. Some of the more expensive plans also include TrafficBoost™ for urgent or hard-to-fill vacancies.
If you're wondering "does ZipRecruiter work?" you might want to give it a try before you spend any money. They have a 4-day free trial that lets you post the work and see if you like it before committing to a monthly subscription.
Related:Dealing with Difficult Employees | Everything you need to know to manage difficult employees
AdvisoryHQ ZipRecruiter Reviews | What Job Seekers Say
Anyone looking for a job like the service? How would you answer the question "Is ZipRecruiter legit?" let's find out
We've combed through various ZipRecruiter reviews to bring you the highlights of what job seekers are saying about the service, both good and bad. We'll start with ZipRecruiter's negative reviews, then listen to the positives.
ZipRecruiter Review | dissatisfied job seekers
- A ZipRecruiter reviewer said he felt like he was doing a lot of work with no results. The alerts they received about potential jobs went nowhere. When asked "Does ZipRecruiter work?" they answered "No!".
- In another ZipRecruiter review, the job seeker was frustrated by the bad leak. They were offered jobs that were not near where they lived and were not properly filtered based on their qualifications.
- Receiving spam calls after registering for the job search service was one of ZipRecruiter's complaints on TrustPilot. We noticed that the company tried to offer help.
ZipRecruiter Review | happy job seekers
- A job seeker who rated ZipRecruiter on TrustPilot said the site was very useful for finding jobs you wouldn't normally find elsewhere and thought it was like "Google for jobs".
- One reviewer gave the ZipRecruiter app and customer service a 5-star rating. They said the site helped them more than others, and in about two weeks they were called in for an interview with a potential employer.
- ZipRecruiter's excellent customer support was highlighted in another review of ZipRecruiter. After problems returning to a working page, they used the online chat support which knew exactly what to do and was very helpful.
AdvisoryHQ ZipRecruiter Reviews | What Employers Say
There are many ways employers can post jobs, howeverfindThe most efficient and effective saves time and money.
Is Zip Recruiter good at finding the best and most qualified candidates? We'll see what the companies that use the service say about it below.
ZipRecruiter Reviews | dissatisfied employers
- A ZipRecruiter complaint from a company on HighYa,They said they had no problem finding qualified employees. However, they found ZipRecruiter's customer service to be poor and had trouble getting a refund.
- Another employer felt they were not ahead of the gameabout the short duration of the free trial. When asked “How much does ZipRecruiter cost?” they felt that the company was not transparent about their pricing policy.
- ZipRecruiter's pricing was too expensive for a company that only had one job to post. They didn't think the costs outweighed the benefits.
ZipRecruiter Reviews | Happy employers
- A company that advertised a job with ZipRecruiter praised the extremely helpful and patient customer support. They never felt rushed through the process and found their support rep personable and knowledgeable.
- A reviewer who has been a hiring manager for ten years would answer, "A lot!" to the question, "How effective is ZipRecruiter?" They were able to fill all four vacancies in one week and found the process easy and quick.
- Excellent customer service was a compliment we saw in many employers' ZipRecruiter reviews. When a new iPhone lead design didn't work for a hiring manager, customer service helped him find a solutionwhat worked for your needs.
Popular item:Leading Private Equity Firms | Rating | The largest private equity companies
How good is the ZipRecruiter app?
In today's mobile world it's not enough to have a good website, if you are one of the top job search websites, you also need to have a decent app.
How effective is the ZipRecruiter mobile app? We'll let the ZipRecruiter app reviews speak for themselves.
- ZipRecruiter App for iOS - 4.9 stars out of 5 (from 69,7,000 reviews)
- ZipRecruiter Android App: 4.8 stars out of 5 (from 143,000 reviews)
So if you are wondering “Is ZipRecruiter good if you use the app?” users definitely think so and give the app high marks for both Apple and Android devices.
ZipRecruiter Review | ZipRecruiter vs Done
If you look at a comparison between ZipRecruiter and Indeed, both sites offer many of the same types of jobs.Publish, search and alert functions. In fact, it's about 6 years older, so has a longer history, but ZipRecruiter has been in business for 8 years, so it's not new anymore.
Looking at ZipRecruiter's ratings from various user reviews on G2 Crowd for both services, they're pretty close. In fact, he rates it 4.2 stars out of 5 and ZipRecruiter has 3.6 stars out of 5.
Is Indeed free and ZipRecruiter free? Yes if you are job seeker. If you are posting a job, the pricing models are slightly different. ZipRecruiter pricing is based on a subscription model, while Indeed is based on a pay-per-click model.
When comparing ZipRecruiter's app ratings to Indeed, ZipRecruiter's ratings are slightly higher. The Indeed app scored 4.7 on iOS and 4.3 on Android. (Compared to 4.9/iOS and 4.8/Android for ZipRecruiter.)
ZipRecruiter scam to watch out for
While ZipRecruiter reviews job postings from employers, there are job scams posted by scammers trying to take advantage of job seekers.
Some of these ZipRecruiter scams might promise a great job, but try asking for a "background check" or other "administrative fees." Keep in mind that it is not the norm for a job seeker to have to pay upfront to a company offering them a job. That's a big red flag.
Another dangerous job scam is to offer an assistant job asking you to receive packages and send them to another address. The US Postal Service warns that these packages often contain stolen credit cards or other illegal goods.
ZipRecruiter's complaints often stem from these fraudulent job postings, so the company provides tools to help job seekers identify them and protect themselves. This includes the ability to flag suspicious job postings for review by the Trust and Safety Department.
You can also find tips on how to avoid falling for ZipRecruiter's fraudulent job postings in the Tips & Tricks section of the ZipRecruiter website.
For more information, see:
AdvisoryHQ ZipRecruiter Reviews Conclusion
Although ZipRecruiter's job search is newer than others, it has already built a strong reputation. In addition to an A+ ratingNOThe company also recently won an award for Best Business in Los Angeles from the Better Business Bureau.
If you're wondering, "Does ZipRecruiter work?" For most people yes, but not for everyone. The top ZipRecruiter complaints we found related to filtering and receiving job alerts for positions that weren't in a job seeker's search criteria.
How does ZipRecruiter work for employers? Well done according to many, and they can't say enough about the excellent customer support. Many of ZipRecruiter's employer reviews praised the experienced employees whojto help over and over.
Because ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, there's no risk in trying it out to see how it works for you. Also, their mobile apps get excellent reviews.
If you're an employer asking yourself, "What will ZipRecruiter do for my hire?" You can sign up for a free trial, but remember that if you don't want to be billed for the first month, you must cancel before the end.
You can find scammers trying to post fake jobs on any job search engine, but the company does a good job of tackling ZipRecruiter scams and allowing users to report them.
We believe that ZipRecruiter has definitely earned its place among the best job search engines as one of the leading online job marketplaces. With exceptional customer support and over a million employers using their services, they're a great choice whether you're looking for a job or looking for the right person to fill one.
Click here to read those from AdvisoryHQDisclaimer of fee table(s) displayed.this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
AdvisoryHQ has made reasonable efforts to present accurate information; However, all information is provided without guarantee. Check AdvisoryHQsConditionsfor details. Also, check each company's website for the most up-to-date dates, rates, and information.
Note: Companies and products, including those listed above, may be affiliated with AdvisoryHQ. Click here to view those from AdvisoryHQAdvertiser Disclosures.
accountant AdvisoryHQ News
Online job search - ZipRecruiter
Product Name ZipRecruiter
Can I trust ZipRecruiter? ›
Yes, ZipRecruiter is a safe and secure platform to use. Job seekers can create a profile and apply to jobs without having to worry about their personal information being shared with employers.Why am I getting emails from ZipRecruiter? ›
ZipRecruiter is emailing you if you have signed up for their account. The platform will automatically enroll you in various types of email communications, but you can opt out of these emails from your account or using a tool like Clean Email that will unsubscribe you automatically.How do I report fraud on ZipRecruiter? ›
Any such reports should be sent to our dedicated email address: email@example.com. Here are some ways to protect yourself from potential scams: Report suspicious emails.How do I know if a recruiter is legit? ›
- Examine the company's website by finding it on your own, not through a provided link.
- Check with your network to see if anyone knows anything about the company.
- Google the company plus the word “scam” or “fraud”
- Check the Better Business Bureau.
- You never applied. ...
- The pay is too good to be true. ...
- Your research comes up empty. ...
- Poorly written job post and correspondence. ...
- Vague job description. ...
- Suspicious URL. ...
- The recruiter has a generic email. ...
- Asking for an interview via messaging service.
Both sites have a variety of plans that cover most needs, but ZipRecruiter posts listings to more job boards, which could lead to finding a candidate faster. Overall, we find Ziprecruiter more intuitive and easier to use for most employers. For job seekers, consider signing up for both services since they are free.How do I know if an email sender is real? ›
View your email's full headers
- From a browser, open Gmail.
- Open the email you want to check the headers for.
- Next to Reply , click More. Show original.
There are several common ways that spammers can get your email address: Crawling the web for the @ sign. Spammers and cybercriminals use sophisticated tools to scan the web and harvest email addresses. If you publicly post your email address online, a spammer will find it.How do you get rid of ZipRecruiter? ›
To cancel your account, please call us at 855-813-0288 from 6am to 6pm PST Mon-Sun. Make sure you cancel before your billing date to avoid any unwanted charges. If you are unable to call, you may email Support@ziprecruiter.com, and a representative will assist with your request.Can you sue a recruiter for lying? ›
Taking Your Claim to Court
You can make a legal claim for "fraudulent inducement of employment" if the employer has defrauded you into staying at a job or taking a new job or position. As long as the change is based on the employer's false statements, you have a claim.
How do you investigate a scammer? ›
Contact the FBI at (202) 324-3000, or online at www.fbi.gov or tips.fbi.gov. Contact the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General at 1-800-HHS-TIPS, or online at www.oig.hhs.gov. Contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) online at www.ic3.gov.What can a scammer do with a ZIP code? ›
Alone, your ZIP code might not be of much value all by itself, but criminals will take that information and post it on underground sites where they buy, sell and trade bunches of personal information. From those sites, criminals can purchase enough of your personal information to use it for fraud.What should you not tell a recruiter? ›
- “I'm pretty desperate.” ...
- “It'll do, I suppose.” ...
- “I hated my last boss/ colleagues.” ...
- “Did you not even bother to read my CV?” ...
- “I'm hoping to go travelling at some point.” ...
- “I just want more money.” ...
- “I'd probably accept a counter-offer.”
Do recruiters ask for social security numbers? No legitimate recruiter or recruitment agency should be asking you for your driver's license and full social security number, or a voided check during the interview process.What are the ways to identify fake candidates in recruitment? ›
- Improperly made resumes are the first signs of a fake candidate. ...
- Too many details about the roles and responsibilities are the second sign of a fake candidate. ...
- Too many skills held by a candidate is a major red flag. ...
- Too good to be real candidates are mostly fake.
Is ZipRecruiter legit? ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track.Does ZipRecruiter share your information? ›
Your contact information and resume are sent to the hiring manager(s) who posted the job(s) to which you apply. No one else can see this information besides you.Do employers contact you on ZipRecruiter? ›
If an employer wishes to proceed with the hiring process, they will contact you directly! Email messages from the employer will typically be sent from [firstname.lastname@example.org].Do employers pay for ZipRecruiter? ›
ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but it charges employers for posting jobs, depending on the number of jobs they post, the number of users they need, and other features they may want access to.